Housing and Disrepair Litigator Full-time Job6 days ago - Solicitor Jobs - London - 30 views
HOUSING AND DISREPAIR LITIGATOR SHEFFIELD
A well respected Housing Litigation team who provide advice and support on all housing litigation services, including anti-social behavior advice, gas safety litigation, possession proceedings, advice and disrepair litigation are looking to recruit a new litigator to their team in Sheffield city center.
The practice advises landlords throughout England and Wales on anti-social behavior injunctions and possession claims, from initial advice on whether they have a case, to supporting landlords to draft witness statements, through to representation in court through to trial.
They also support landlords in defending disrepair claims and developing strategies to safeguard themselves against future claims through review of policies and training. We also assist in responding to Homes and Communities Agency investigations into potential areas of risk of serious detriment arising.
As part of a new nationally and regionally recognized team you will undertake the delivery of housing litigation matters, including the following areas:
- possession claims;
- disrepair claims and prosecutions;
- providing all related housing management advice and advice with occasional help on commercial and property disputes matters;
- delivering advice to clients, and those supporting our clients, using plain English and seeking pragmatic solutions in a way that ensures we are trusted advisers;
- supporting the team and the firm in raising its profile in its specialist market places through appropriate business development activities.
About the candidate
The successful candidate will ideally have the following experience and skills:
- previous experience of CPR litigation;
- social housing and/or residential property law knowledge and experience (though training will be provided);
- advocacy skills;
- ability to collaborate and work as part of a team, instructing legal assistants and trainees and being supervised by senior fee earners;
- ability and desire to develop technical legal skills;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a confident public speaker;
- ability to build rapport with a variety of 'clients', both external and internal, and inspire and hold their confidence;
- strong organisational and time management skills;
- ability to cope well with tight deadlines and under pressure;
- strong self-motivation and proactivity, and confident to use your own initiative where appropriate to deliver consistently high-quality work that meets the client's needs.
Ideally looking to hire a Solicitor / legal executive with around 4-6 years pqe. However, we remain open minded and therefore would like to hear from interested candidates with relevant experience, regardless of PQE level.
Take an online interview straight away
We have developed an instant online interview tool, if you think you are right for this role take a simply 5 minute online interview by clicking the link below. The online platform will ask you to answer 3 questions via video link and will take no more than 5 mins. Alternatively please apply to this advert with your cv and contact details.